Translate

4.5. Concepts: Previous Studies!


Hi friends,

Thank you all for the interest you have in learning about the mechanomutable asphalt materials! I am glad to know that every time, there are more people interested in knowing about the development process of new technologies in the fields of science and technology. It is really good to share my passion for engineering with you all!

I want to apologize with you all because there is some time since my last post, but I like to take time to properly prepare each one of the slides I am sharing with you and I was kind of busy (wait for the second post about this).

This time, I am going to talk to you all about other potential application in which it is possible to use the MAM: the Anti-ice Systems.



As you know the ice in the surface of the pavement is a road safety problem and can stop the transportation made by land in countries with iced winters. For example, in Spain (I am talking about Spain because I am based in Granada, so, I am trying to understand the situation in my host country), more than 250 routes were affected this year by snow and ice.

Also, the ice in the surface can cause increments of the distress that happen in the first layer of the pavement. The water inside the pavement expands its volume when it becomes ice, which generates thermal cracks in the pavement and accelerates the general distress of the pavement.

This is the third application of MAM in pavements (these posts are short because I am trying to keep simple this process of learning together), I still have more applications I am going to talk to you all about.  Please, stay tuned!

Keep in touch,

ESR 14-PLP.

No comments:

Post a Comment