Translate

4.6. Concepts: Previous Studies!


Hi friends,

I know you want to know more about the potential applications of MAMs! Therefore, to make a summary of the past three applications (controlling the HMA modulus, self-healing capacity, and anti-iced systems) and to list the last two I would like to tell you about (less susceptibility to develop permanent deformation and to help in the implementation of self-guided systems), I leave you here the 6 slides:


If you want the last post of the summer school in Palermo, maybe you now know about this 5 potential applications! But in case you did not see it and if you would like to see the complete slide, I am here sharing it with you all.


Making a little comment about the lower susceptibility to develop permanent deformation, in comparison to conventional bituminous mixtures, I want to cite a paragraph from the paper: Development of mechanomutable asphalt binders for the construction of smart pavements (https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0264127515004487).

“… Under high loads and temperatures, they should behave in a more rigid manner (reducing the appearance of plastic deformations and the effects caused by the stresses transmitted by the traffic). At lowtemperatures, or in the absence of loads, they should perform more flexibly (dissipating the stresses caused by thermal shrinkage or adapting its shape without cracking under the presence of possible settlements of the soil foundation)...”

About the last potential application, I only can tell you that I am not working on it, therefore, I hope to tell you how it works when I already finished my tests at laboratory! I promise that is going to be soon! Stay tuned!

Keep in touch,

ESR 14-PLP.



No comments:

Post a Comment