Translate

3. Growing in an integral way!


Hi friends!


It is time to continue telling you about my experience as the ESR 14 of the SMARTI ETN program.

This time I want to talk about the opportunity to meet other Ph.D. students from different universities in Europe. Even though I am just starting this journey and I am sure that I definitely am going to meet more people in my way, I would like to tell you about two events I had participated recently.

The first event is the 1st Winter School 2017. This activity was organized by the "Societa Italiana Infrastrutture Viarie" and the "Universita Politecnica Delle Marche". The 1st Winter School 2017 took place in Moena, Italy, from 17th to 20th of December, 2017. During that time, I had the opportunity to meet 22 Ph.D. students from Italy, Serbia, Germany, and France (and me representing Spain and Latinamerica).

Some of the Ph.D. students of the 1st Winter School 2017
Sharing with the experts, 1st Winter School 2017
The 1st Winter School 2017 had the title: "Advances in Sustainable Asphalt Pavements". We received conferences from recognized professors from Europe and United States. For example, my supervisor, Professor Fernando Moreno-Navarro was teaching us about "Asphalt Mixtures Produced at Lower Temperatures: The experience of the University of Granada".

Part of the panel of professors

The second activity that I would like to talk about is the First Training Week of the SMARTI ETN. During that event, I finally met the other Ph.D. students of the program. As I told you all in my last post, we are 15 ESR who are working in different countries in Europe: France, United Kingdom, Italy, Denmark, Ireland, and Spain.
1st SMARTI ETN Training Week

SMARTI ETN Ph.D. students


The First Training Week was an activity to encourage us to develop interactive activities to meet each other and the SMARTI project we are involved in.

Experts from the University of Nottingham and the private sector were teaching us about materials engineering, pavements, railways, design, and sustainability. Additionally, we received some training in developing skills to make presentations, ways to transference knowledge, project management, and dissemination strategies.

After all of this, I should say that SMARTI ETN is a complete platform to integrally mold the researchers for the future. It is not just learning about engineering, it is meeting people who can be the heads of the most recognized research centers in the future: other Ph.D. students.

This journey is just starting, but I am really motivated to continue with this adventure! I hope this post can motivate you to want to know more about this! Maybe you can be the one who will be telling us your own story in three years!

Keep in touch,

ESR 14-PLP.

No comments:

Post a Comment