Translate

12.2. European Researchers Night 2019

Hi friends!

I know this post comes a little bit late, I am sorry, but I guess, it is better late than never.

During the last post, I told you about the activity I was planning for the European Researchers Night 2019. So, here I want to tell you a little bit about it. I am going to take advantage of the ppt presentation I did.

First of all, I want to introduce you to the research group working on the topic:



I also was lucky to receive the support of my co-workers:


We started by telling about the role of the roads in the industry of autonomous vehicles:


As well as the improvements that are still needed inside the autonomous vehicle industry:


And how this technology can be extended to other areas, as it the case of the electric scooters, which are increasing in number in the big cities, without any regulation and with evidence of fatalities:


As you know, during my Ph.D. project, I am evaluating the possibility to encode the road, by using a device that we are installing first in electric scooters. So, considering also that the event took place at Granada, we tried to introduce a real perception of an encoded road in the bicycle lane of the city:

In the end, we encourage people to use the electric scooter we bring. This scooter was able to stop once it is passing by a certain amount of metallic material in the road:


Finally, I want to show you a picture with the group of students participating with us at the event:


It was really interesting to see as in an event like this, we can bring to people what we are working on at our labs. How in this case, we can encourage the next generation to look for real solutions, to put in practice what we are doing in our research places. These are the events that also remind what to be a Marie Curie fellow means. I should say that I feel really proud of being a Marie Curie fellow, because is more than just getting a Ph.D., is growing as a professional, is becoming a leader.


This time SMARTI ETN had great participation here in Granada, because, taking advantage of the training week here, Natasha (http://smartiesr15.blogspot.com/), Giulia (https://esr4smarti.blogspot.com/), Pawan (https://esr11smartietn.blogspot.com/) and Nilo (https://niloruiz.blogspot.com/) were also participating, with the great company of our project manager Ana Jimenez del Barco Carrion.

From left to right: Natasha, Ana, Guilia, Pawan, Paulina, and Nilo

I am not going to write so much during this post because actually, this is one in two (the last https://esr14smartietn.blogspot.com/2019/08/12-role-of-roads-in-industry-of.html and this one).

Keep in touch,

ESR 14-PLP.








No comments:

Post a Comment